Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering. . . .

Today is 9/11/08; seven years have passed since the Twin Towers and the Pentagon were so brutally attacked. When my radio alarm switched on this morning Alan Jackson's--Where were you when the world stopped turning that September day was playing. I remember the day vividly. Brian called me from work and said turn on the television they just attacked the Twin Towers. I was like was are you talking about? Who attacked them? Nobody would dare. I seriously thought he was loosing it. Then I turned on the television and I found out he wasn't going crazy--but the rest of the world certainly had. The horrible sights I was staring at on the television seemed unreal--like I was watching some kind of horror film--only I knew it wasn't a movie--these were live shots. What a senseless waste of human life. My heart ached for those who had lost loved ones--for families that had been ripped apart. I kept thinking to myself--why--why would someone do this?

Today as I ponder that day, my thoughts also turn to the vacation our family enjoyed to New York just two months prior to 9/11. We spent two days in New York City. Enjoying the sights and learning about the city. We drove right past the Twin Towers on our way to the ferry that would take us over to Liberty Island where this photo was taken. Its hard to believe that just two months after (almost to the day) this photo was taken the two tall stately buildings behind us were gone.
Today my heart still aches for those who lost loved ones in this senseless tragedy. I pray that today especially they will be comforted and be able to feel the love of a kind and wise Heavenly Father. Today, I just want to put my arms around my family and let them know how much I love them and how much they mean to me.

No comments: