Friday, September 26, 2008

Then and Now

So Brian and I celebrated our 27th anniversary yesterday. Most of the day we just vegged out at home. Sometimes that is a good thing! We went in to watch the volleyball team play the alumni women. The games were pretty good. I have to say I'm impressed those women can still move like they do. I wouldn't be walking today if I had moved around like that. We also watched some of the little league football game.

Kade is having a hard time leaving sports behind. He gets so sad when he watches the team play and can't be out there with him. I tried to explain to him last night that it is all part of life. Yes, high school is fun but it doesn't end there. Life goes on and good things still happen to us as we go forward with life. If I hadn't gone forward with life I wouldn't have the great husband and two incredible kids I have today. Speaking of going forward......I'm sharing two pictures today.....one of Brian and I 27 years ago on our wedding day and one taken fairly recently. I have to say.......I looked better then.......but I'm happy with where my life is right now!





4 comments:

Meggie said...

Wow! Congratulations on 27 years! That is quite an accomplishment! I loved the pictures that you posted of your wedding. I can't believe how much Kade looks like Brian. That wedding pictures of Brian looks a lot like Kade. I've never really put that together before. Anyway, Happy Anniversary!

Kyle & Shanna said...

Congratulations! Ya I agree with Kade though, sometimes growing up is totally scary. I'm not going to lie when I say that I am so excited but scared to get married.

Maydi said...

I was so exited to see you posted on my blog...this is so much fun. I loved reading your blog. It's fun to see pictures-kids bring such a light in everyones life.

Northern Nuts! said...

Wowzers - look at Brian's hair. It maybe added 5 inched to his height.