Thursday, October 23, 2008

Kade and his Wisdom Teeth

So I drove my baby boy to Logan early this morning to have his wisdom teeth out. Can I just say I missed a golden opportunity by not taking my video camera. Oh man....Kade was hilarious! He had only been in surgery about 45 minutes when they came out to the waiting room and said he was finished. When I walked back into the recovery room they had him in he was just chattering away (mouth full of gauze and all.) The nurse was trying to give me instructions and he just kept talking very loudly. I started to laugh. Luckily, Rory was there to help me with him because he insisted on walking down the stairs instead of taking the elevator and that was a feat in itself to get him down the stairs safely. We met up with Rory's friend Abby out in the parking lot at which time Kade starts singing "I Am A Child of God" as loud as he can. He tells Abby, "They gave me some good stuff in there. I need more of it. I need to take some home." At this point in time Rory, Abby and I are laughing so hard we have tears in our eyes. Then Kade decides he is going to go shopping at Al's for a clip for his gun. Rory told him he would go into Al's and get it for him. I drove to Al's and parked in front. Rory went in to get the clip and then made the mistake of calling Kade to ask him a question about it. Before I knew what was happening Kade was out of the car door and on his way into the store. Abby and I were running after him. He walked into the store and there were two girls at the checkout stand in the front of the store. Kade looks at them and very loudly tells me, "They're hot aren't they Mom?" Those poor girls didn't know what to say! I said, "I'm sorry. He just had his wisdom teeth out and he really doesn't know what he is saying." Kade is like, "Yes I do. I'm a OK." The girls just laugh. After buying the clip for the gun we took Rory and Abby home and headed for home ourselves. He was pretty quiet on the way home. When I told him about all the stuff he said and did he didn't believe me. Gosh I wish I would have had that video camera with me!
This is Kade before he came out of the effects of the anesthesia (sorry about the bloody gauze pads). It's probably the only picture I'll get of the whole ordeal. He was taking pictures of himself to post on his My Space page. I'll have to see if he really posts them. He won't even let me take a picture now his cheeks are swollen up to what he refers as "chickmonk" cheeks.

4 comments:

Meggie said...

That is hilarious! I have a pretty funny story about when I got mine out too. Kirby and I got them out the same day and we were wacky! I don't know how my mom did it with both of us. She almost didn't. Our car broke down on the way home and she was freaking out. Then Randy Cornia came by and stopped and took us home! We were so grateful that she stopped. Kirby was pretty funny! He was trying to flirt with girls that were driving by and all sorts of stuff!

Nicole said...

That is so funny and Meggie that is way funny too. When I got mine out we went to eat afterwards at Quizno's I was just going to have soup and when they were asking my mom what kind of bread she wanted I started to laugh un-controlably and said "wheat ha ha, sourDOUGH ha ha," and so on you get the picture. So not me! At least you got one picture of him Lisa.. what a character.

Kyle & Shanna said...

Haha that's so funny. It's funny to see people after getting their wisdom teeth out. Oh, AnDe was hilarious. I am supposed to get mine out in July but since that's when I'm getting married, I'm sure we'll change it sooner. Ugh, haha, then my mom can post about me. I'll have to check out Kade's myspace and see if the pictures are posted.

Northern Nuts! said...

SICK!!! I hate anything to do with teeth. When my girls have a loose tooth they chase me around the house wiggling it.