Saturday, October 25, 2008

Blast from the Past

One of the reasons that I started blogging was that I'm super bad at keeping a journal up to date. So, with each post in my blog I transfer the entry to a Word file that I'm keeping and print it out and put it in a 3 ring binder which becomes my sort of journal. Hey I figured it was better than nothing right?

Anyway, today I'm posting about something that happened in the past that I want my kids (and or grandkids) to remember. I remembered this after I read Shelly's post http://northernnuts.blogspot.com/ about Ryann and the "buffalo bones" and decided I would share.

Rory spent alot of time with my dad when he was younger. He is probably the only grandchild that will remember my dad much because the others were either way young or not even born yet when my dad died. Anyway, one day Rory had been with my dad and when my dad dropped him off at our house he was acting very strangely. He walked in the house and went immediately into his bedroom. I asked him what he was doing and he replied "Oh nothing." Is that not a big red flag to a mother? I walked into his room and he really was doing nothing. He was just sitting there on his bed. I really didn't think much more about it until later that evening when I went to tuck him into bed for the night. He was acting strangely again and very protective of his pillow. So I think to myself "Okay what is going on with this pillow?" I grab it from under his head and guess what was under there? Cow teeth! They had found an old cow skeleton in the mountains that day and my wonderful father had told my son that if he put the teeth under his pillow the tooth fairy would bring him money. Now, how can the tooth fairy not leave money when a grandpa tells his grandson it will happen? The next day I informed my father that I had better not find anymore animal teeth under Rory's pillow in the future. I'm so thankful that Rory was able to spend the time he did with my dad before he died. Rory knows what a fun person his grandpa was now.



This is a fun picture I have of the two of them together. A scrapbook page from the past too. I don't usually paper piece things for my pages anymore.

6 comments:

Ronda said...

That is such a cute story! How funny! Hey, what is your email address? Shauna G just sent me a song about the first presidency and it is kind of fun and I thought maybe you would like it!

Anelisa said...

Its bbell@allwest.net. Pretty simple to remember huh? I love any new songs for Primary I can get.

Meggie said...

How cute! What a cute story! That is such a good idea to just print out your entries for your journal. I find that I write a lot of the same stuff in my journal that I'm posting on my blog, so I think that's a great idea.

Kyle & Shanna said...

Oh that's cute and kind of funny. We have all tried to con the tooth fairy.

Maydi said...

I love that scrapbook page, what an awesome picture and fun story.

Erin said...

That is a great idea on printing the pages onto a file and printing it out, I should do that too.

Cute story too.