Monday, November 3, 2008

The grass isn't always greener. . .

Anyone who knows me knows that I have always longed for a daughter. I always thought it would be so much fun to buy cute clothes for a daughter and fix her hair different ways. However, I wasn't blessed with a daughter but instead two sons--Rory and Kade. I am so thankful that a wise Heavenly Father sent these two sons to Brian and I to raise. They are the light of my life. They have grown up to be wonderful men if I do say so myself. They honor their priesthood. (There is something to be said for living in a house full of Melchizedek Priesthood holders.) I've been able to help both of them earn their Eagle Scout awards. Rory completed a mission to California and Kade is in the process of filling out papers for a mission. Since this is the month of Thanksgiving, I want everyone to know how thankful I am for my sons. I wouldn't trade either one of them for a daughter! And in my circumstance....the grass definitely isn't greener on the other side of the fence.

No comments: