Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Time Flies By

Obviously I haven't done real well about keeping up with this blog lately. I just don't seem to have enough hours in the day for some reason. Kade wanted to go to both girls and boys state this year---since he won't get to do it for the next two years. That is his excuse for doing everything now. "But Mom, I won't get to do it again for two years!" (And he has such cute puppy dog eyes when he says it.....how can I refuse.) Anyway.....back to the blog. We went to Richfield for both girls and boys state. I love going to support the kids from Rich County. I think they are some of the greatest kids on earth and represent our county so well.

In the past few weeks, I've also been to Salt Lake to purchase another copy of Kade's birth certificate for his passport (I had a copy....but do you think I could find it when I needed it. NOT!!!! Two days after I went to Salt Lake to buy another one I found the copy I already had.) Kade and I also went to Huntsville to get his passport. (We went to Huntsville because Aunt Lorri is friends with the postmaster there and it didn't have long lines to wait in like other places.) Brian and I went to Logan to get our taxes done (yeah.....we still get a refund this year!!!), we took Kade to Salt Lake for Eagle Scout, graduation and missionary photos, (I know I should have had graduation photos taken months ago.....but hey you buy the cap and gown now so I wasn't in a hurry like I was with Rory.) and tried to get everything in order for an annexation plan that the Town of Woodruff is doing and went with Rory and Abby to meet with a photographer they were looking at for their wedding. Whew!!!!!
When Kade first received his call I thought we had so much time. He leaves on May 6th and this is what we still have left to do:
another physical with Dr. Merkley with all kinds of tests for his New Zealand Visa, buy all the clothing he will need, get to the temple for his endowments, patriarchal blessing, farewell (which is April 19th) and I've promised him I will take him to Enterprise a couple of time to see his girlfriend before he leaves (couldn't he have met someone who didn't live so darn far away!!!!!)

I guess we just trudge on and do our best to get everything done in life. I'm here to tell you though......I'll need a little vacation myself by the time I get Kade gone and Rory married off. I'm actually kind of looking forward to staying home and being an empty nester for awhile.



This is one of my favorite photos that they took of Kade at the photoshoot.

4 comments:

Penny said...

I can't believe Kade is leaving on his mission!! That is so Great! I am so proud of all the missionaries we have in our little town!
Good luck over the next two months they will be crazy, but isn't it worth it.

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

kade looks so handsome. I am so excited for him. I changed my links on my post so they go directly to Utube instead of facebook I didn't realize that until last night. That are worth watching especially gordon B. Hinkleys. You are a busy mom, mission and wedding, how exciting for your family.

Kyle & Shanna said...

Wow you have been crazy lately. I don't know if I'll ever quite be able to master running around alot. You are such a nice mom to take Kade to all of those places. He should certainly love you very much. I hope he said Thank you at least once, haha. I will certainly try to make it to his farewell.

Maydi said...

I would love for you to come anytime! I love company and never get any.