Monday, March 16, 2009

Cha-Ching, Cha-Ching

Brian and I took Kade to Ogden last Friday to purchase the clothes he will need for his mission. We went to Mr. Mac (because they give a pretty good discount for missionaries.) We bought two suits, 10 white shirts, 2 pairs of shoes, three pairs of slacks, 10 pairs of socks, a lined raincoat, 8 ties and a belt. Basically, just what the list in his mission call said we should buy. We didn't have to buy luggage because that is what Grandpa Jack gave him for graduation last May. I remember seven years ago when Rory left how much the total was at Mr. Mac the day we bought his clothes. Lets just say prices have gone up.....we paid about the same and we didn't buy luggage or his white pants for baptism (they were out of his size.)
One step closer to sending my baby boy around to the other side of the world.

5 comments:

Kyle & Shanna said...

Woah that is crazy that he is leaving. I still can't get over it.

Tracy Cornia said...

I don't look forward to the expense when my boys are old enough to go, but I guess it is all worth it. He will be a great missionary. Your plate is full, full for the next little while. Give me a call if I can help with anything.

Northern Nuts! said...

I sometimes think if I have it easier having girls. Then I think $$$$4 Weddings$$$$$$$$$$$$!

caycox said...

It's all worth it!! He will be a great missionary, and what an experience he is going to have! I saw him in WalMart the other day and wanted to give him a big hug, but I restrained myself and just said hi! LOL Where did the years go???

Nicole said...

Hey Lisa, Just wanted to make sure you saw that I am having an open crop at the rec up there on Saturday from 10-3... its going to just be fun, bring up some projects and come visit with us!! Let me know if you think you will make it. :)