Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Four Years Wasn't Enough for Him

So I guess four years of college wasn't enough for Rory. He has decided he wants more. He has been admitted to Utah State for a second degree (Social Work) and is working on getting admitted for grad school next fall. He says he wants a masters degree in Social Work to go along with his Psychology degree. He will be taking social work classes and also Spanish at USU spring semester. He thinks he should pick up on the Spanish quite easily because of living with so many of the Spanish speaking Elders on his mission. I think its a great idea because so many people in the USA speak Spanish these days.

I am so proud of him. He is the first member of my family that has graduated from college. So kudos to him for his fortitude to keep plugging along for another degree. I just can't understand why some cute girl hasn't snatched him up by now.....but I guess that is a whole other blog subject. Hahahaha

3 comments:

Kyle & Shanna said...

That is awesome! My major is social work and my minor is spanish! I'll start taking some of my social work classes spring semester also, haha.

The Douglas's said...

Congrats to Rory. Ugg, to even thin about going back to school, yuck, good for him though

Maydi said...

That is awesome that Rory is doing so well in school, and he must like it to keep going back! It's so fun to see our kids successful!