Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hunting. . .au naturel

As a parent you are always worried that you are teaching your children what you need to teach them. Its a big responsibility to raise kids. You would think with children that are 18 and 25 years old I should be pretty much done with the teaching. . . . right?
Kade decided to get a small game license so he could hunt ducks and geese this year (since the deer tags were already sold out when he tried to get one.) Fast forward to last night. . . .he comes home from work and dresses in his camo and drives down the canal that runs through our property. He said he slowly crawled up to the bank of the canal and peeked over it. . . .sure enough there were three ducks floating down the canal. He brought the shotgun up to his shoulder and they started to fly. . . .bang he shot one. . . .it falls into the middle of the canal. Okay. . . . he is relating this story to me and I'm thinking. . . .this might be a little bit of a problem. How is he going to get the duck out of the canal? He doesn't have a bird dog that will swim for it. He said he thought a minute and then started taking off his clothes. (Of course he doesn't want to get the precious Cabela's camo wet ya know!) He wades out into the middle of the canal. . . .naked! Man I soooo wish I would have been there with a camera! Blackmail material to the max!!!!!
Apparently he didn't listen the first time I taught him about taking his clothes off. . . .the day he was out peeing off our front step! Note to self: Set Kade down and reteach him it is not appropriate to take our clothes off where other people can see!

P.S. If you see Kade please don't tell him I wrote this about him . . . .just smile and laugh at him!!!!

2 comments:

Kyle & Shanna said...

Hahaha...I love stories like that. I know that Kade would turn bright red if anyone mentioned this to him.

Maydi said...

I think "Boys will be boys"...lol