Tuesday, November 18, 2008

No Peek Stew and Kade's job

Last night I was in the mood for something warm and nourishing for supper so I turned to an old standby. (I know supper should always be nourishing....but lets face it sometimes I fail miserably.) I love this recipe for No Peek Stew. It was in one of the Randolph Ward cookbooks and was submitted by Mary Argyle. This works great for a Sunday meal because you pop it in the oven just before you leave and three hours later when you get home its finished.



2 lbs. stew meat
2 cups diced potatoes
2 cups diced carrots
2 cups diced celery
1 large onion, chopped
2 tsp. sweet basil
3 Tbs. minute Tapioca (dry)
1 can tomato soup
1 can & 1 cup water
Mix all ingredients together well. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees. Leave covered and don't peek for three hours. You can add mushrooms or green beans or corn if desired.

Kade worked at the golf course in Garden City this past summer. He really enjoyed it. When that job finished the middle of October we told him he needed to get another job. Well he applied at Walmart. That was about three weeks ago. It took almost a week for them to look over the application he submitted. Then they scheduled an interview. After the interview they told him they would call him. About a week later they called and offered him a job in electronics. Then he had to do drug testing and background check. That took another week. He finished work at the golf course on October 22.....he starts work for Walmart today....almost a month later. So go buy a tv or a computer or something from him. He doesn't know much.....but he is a cute saleman!

3 comments:

Kyle & Shanna said...

Oh ya for Kade. I might just have to drive to Wal-mart next time I'm home and go bug him a little bit. I'm going to try that recipe. haha, I'm trying to collect as many recipes that I think I'll like before I get married.

Erin said...

The soup looks really good! Why can't you peek??

Tell Kade I might be in asking about Wii games, I have no clue!!

Nicole said...

Yummy!! That looks perfect for how my life has been lately.. I like the no peeking part. Thanks! I will let you know how it goes.

good job for Kade.. I am glad he has another job. Walmart pays well I hear.