Friday, April 24, 2009

Abby's Stomping Grounds

My cute little daughter in law to be invited me to fly to Seattle with her when she went to try on wedding dresses. First off.....kudos to Abby for inviting her future mother in law to go with her for this important occasion. I have to admit....sometimes I feel a bit slighted in life since I have only boys that I won't get to experience some of the fun things I would if I had girls...like shopping for their wedding dress. Abby earned big points in my book for including me in on this fun experience.
I had a blast in Seattle (well actually Abby is from Bonney Lake which is very close to Seattle.) Rory, Abby and I flew up on a Friday evening and back on a Sunday evening. I was able to meet her parents and quite a few other family members. On Saturday, we spent the day attending a bridal fair and also trying on wedding dresses (Rory and Abby's dad window shopped at some other stores). On Sunday, Abby and her parents and her cousin Carson took us on a little tour of some of the sights in downtown Seattle. Wow....can I just say I wasn't in Utah anymore. Seattle is huge and full of lots and lots of people.

Abby, Rory and Lisa at the Farmer's Market

Looking out at Puget Sount

Pike Place Fish Market (Fish go flying through the air here!)

This is a Monk fish. It was on display at the fish market. Sorry the picture is kind of blurry. I was getting closer to get a picture of the teeth on the thing and it started moving. Hahaha....yes everyone got a big laugh!!! Can I help it if I didn't see the string tied onto it. Apparently, they trick all newcomers to Seattle this way!!! Well, all I can say is they have heard a good old fashioned UTAH scream now!!!!

Rory and Abby at the Troll. If you have watched the movie "10 Things I Hate About You" you might recognize this troll. Yes that is a real VW bug he has clutched in his hand. Someone gave him a horrible shade of pink lipstick though. It doesn't do a thing for him!!! Rory and Abby look cute though!!

Rory and Abby at the Eye of the Needle. I love this picture of them.

No comments: