Friday, April 24, 2009

Total Knee Replacement

On April 3, my mom went in and had a total knee replacement done on her left knee. She has been in quite a bit of pain for several years now and finally decided she needed to do something to get rid of the pain. She decided to have the surgery done in Evanston because she had heard such great things about Dr. Olsen the orthopedic surgeon there. Everything went well and I have to say I was pretty impressed with the care she received from the Evanston hospital.

This isn't her knee. She would have killed me if I had actually taken a picture of it. However, this is just what it looked like....staples and all. She had a bruise on the side of her leg about the size of her head at first. I've never seen such a big bruise in my life. Laurie and I have taken turns staying with her since she had the surgery. However, she is doing well enough now that I think she can be on her own once again. I just hope that the new knee will take care of the pain she had before the surgery.

No comments: