Friday, April 24, 2009

Kade and the new Draper Temple

I have been asking Kade since he received his mission call in January which temple he wanted to go to for his endowment. He would always tell me St. George (just because that is close to where Baylee lives). I told him that really wasn't feasible because it was so far away. Finally, after watching the segment KSL did on the new Draper Temple after conference he decided he would like to go to the Draper Temple.
I called and made reservations to take him on April 17th. Because of the date we chose (a Friday morning....but I thought it was important for him to go before his farewell on April 19th) not many people were able to go with us. Brian and I and Grandpa Jack and Aunt Betty all made the trek down to attend with him. It was a beautiful day and a very emotional one for me. Aunt Betty made the remark that there were lots of family members that weren't there with him that day....but that she knew there were family members that were definitely there in spirit. I have to agree with her. I felt the presence of my Dad and Brian's mother there so strongly and I know they were so happy for Kade and the choices he has made in his life.
The Draper Temple is beautiful (just like all temples) and will always hold a special place in my heart as I'm sure it will in Kade's.



No comments: